When it comes to uploading your text documents online or collaborating and sharing, the “.pages” format is not the most compatible across computers.
This how-to-guide is for those who enjoy using Pages to edit documents but need to ensure that the finished document can be shared with non Mac users and uploaded online, without hassle.
NB: It is necessary for you to have Word (for Mac) installed on your Mac computer.
There are 3 simple steps to accomplish this:
Step 1: Create, edit and save your Pages document
Step 2: Export to Word
Step 3: Format and save Word document
2. Exporting to Word
- Once you have made the necessary changes and saved your document you can now export your document.
Click on “File” > “Export To” > “Word…”.
- Name your document and specify the folder it is to be saved in.
- Once this is done, click “Export”.
3. Formatting and saving Word document
- You can now open your converted Word document.
- Compare the documents and edit if needed.
- To save the Word document when you’re done click on “File” > “Save”.
UK: +44 20 3670 1791
US: +1 617 861 4750
Global: +27 21 830 9200