Live tutorials are an excellent way to interact with your Head Tutor or tutor and cover difficult sections of work in a supported environment. However, it is important that you respect the Head Tutor or Tutor and your fellow students when taking part in a live tutorial.
Logging in to the tutorial
In order to log into the Live Tutorial, you will first have to navigate to the tutorial which can be accessed by following the link in the Live Tutorial reminder sent by your course coach or by accessing the activity through the Module.
Accessing the link through the Module Activity
N.b. Email and SMS reminders are sent by the course coach.
- For tutorials hosted on a Sunday, a reminder will be sent on the preceding Friday.
- For tutorials held on a Monday, reminders will be sent on the morning of the tutorial.
When attending a live tutorial, follow these guidelines:
- Check your software before entering the live tutorial to ensure that you don’t have any technical issues. Often these issues can be solved in advance, and a quick check could prevent you from missing the session.
- Log into the session in advance to ensure that there are no technical difficulties. This will give you time to raise any login problems with support staff before the tutorial begins.
- Mute your microphone when you are not speaking. Although you will only be able to speak if the Tutor assigns you microphone rights, it is important to only switch it on when speaking, as background noises and feedback over your line could interrupt the other participants.
- Turn off your cellphone and other electronic devices during the live tutorial, as these items could interfere with the sound.
- Be respectful to the Head Tutor's, tutors, and the other attendees. If you are given the opportunity, do not spend too much time speaking as other students may have questions. Listen carefully to the questions asked by others, as they may bring up the same point you would like to make.
- Avoid asking questions that will likely disrupt the lesson as this will negatively affect the learning experience of all the participants.
If you require further assistance please do not hesitate to email us on email@example.com
or if you prefer speaking to us, please call us on: UK
: +44 20 3670 1791US
: +1 617 861 4750Global
: +27 21 830 9200